Mindfulness in time of crisis


 Yesterday at the office, our refresher training was about mindfulness. So, what is mindfulness? According to Google, mindfulness is about being fully present in the moment, observing thoughts and feelings without attachment or judgment, and developing a sense of inner peace and calmness. It is a powerful practice that can help individuals cope with the challenges of daily life and improve their overall quality of life.
 
During our refresher training, some colleagues shared their processes on how to deal with stress and practice mindfulness. One colleague shared that they don't react in the heat of an argument and take a step back. Another shared that they do chores (e.g., washing dishes, cleaning, laundry) to calm their mind and take rest. As I reflected on the topic, I acquired some good tips on how to cope with stress and be mindful.
 
In my own experience, I love a long commute while listening to sad songs with my earpods. Then, I gaze out the window to observe the passing scenery, reflect on my thoughts, and sometimes get lost in my own imagination. (I know what you are thinking - a very "packboi" character) 🤭🤭🤭 Sometimes, when the emotion is too heavy to carry, my eyes will just flow with a single tear (single tear???) 😁😁😁 - this is a testament that there is really no formula for dealing with stress.
 
So, how do you practice mindfulness?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Navigating the Balance: Trusting Your Mind while Embracing the Power of Dreams and Capabilities

Dream - Tayabas 2024 - 03-20-2024

Dream - Quezon 2024 - 03-04-2024