A gentle slap on my face


This morning, as I woke up from a restful sleep and remembered the things I said and did yesterday, I realized why I reacted defensively when someone called out my behavior. I began questioning myself, "Am I being entitled?" Quick to seek answers, I googled "how to know if someone is self-entitled?" As I read through the list, I came to the painful realization that most of the boxes were ticked. It was a jarring realization that hit me hard.
 
All the past traumas I've experienced have shaped me into the person I am today. They led me to believe that the universe owed me something and that it needed to compensate for all my shortcomings. But now, I no longer want to be this kind of person.
 
This realization washed over me like a gentle wave. As I reflected on my actions and attitudes, I recognized the detrimental effects that my self-entitlement had on my relationships and overall well-being. It prevented me from appreciating the efforts and contributions of others and created an unfair imbalance in how I perceived the world.
 
With this newfound understanding, I have made a conscious decision to let go of my self-entitlement. I am embarking on a journey of self-reflection and growth, aiming to cultivate a mindset of humility and gratitude.
 
After all, I am just a speck of dust within the galaxy, and my newfound appreciation has the potential to create a domino effect on everyone around me. It is a gentle reminder to be kind, for everyone we meet is fighting a hard battle.
 
- Sam from Imus
 
Now Playing: "Lost Stars" by Adam Levine
 
Good morning, people, and may we all be guided by the light of gratitude and understanding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dream - Quezon 2024 - 03-04-2024

Dream - Quezon 2023 - 02-25-2024

The Joy of Receiving a Balikbayan Box: A Meaningful Blessing